Re: NHL team level - World championship team level

Member: Håkan Ljung

Posted by Håkan Ljung on 24th May 2006 at 15:02 GMT
Posted from 130.238.79.60 (pc-79-60.svc.UU.SE)

In reply to Re: NHL team level - World championship team level posted by CanadianHockeyGirl on 23rd May 2006 at 04:26 GMT:

Thank you for your comments. I believe every word say. But in USA it´s probably a different interest in international hockey. I dont know so much about the difference between Canadian and US media as it is presented here in Sweden. As I have heard here the higher status of senior World Championship in Canada is quite new. A Canadian I met told me recently, some years before they only broadcasted "highlights" in the television news if any.

I have red many times here, how the media industry behind NHL, wish to take away as much attention from international hockey as possible. The television companies dont want to take away attention from NHL by broadcasting international games. I cannot declare wich years I was reading this, if it was 15, 8, 3 years ago. I can only assure I have read about these matter in our media at least 8 or 10 times.

Chris Draper said in Toronto Sun about the Czech game during the Olympics. He said, this particular was nearly as good as Detroit´s. I think what he ment was the intensity level and not neccessarily the class of the roosters. But I do think he took the iniative to involve Red Wings in relation with the Olympics. He advertised NHL and claimed in at least one way, it is better than Olympic national teams. Draper only did what he was supposed to do. I have read hundereds of these kind of comments over the years.

H