Re: NHL team level - World championship team level

Member: CanadianHockeyGirl

Posted by CanadianHockeyGirl on 25th May 2006 at 03:01 GMT
Posted from 69.157.72.29 (toronto-HSE-ppp4255097.sympatico.ca)

In reply to Re: NHL team level - World championship team level posted by Håkan Ljung on 24th May 2006 at 15:02 GMT:

interesting, most of the people i know would definately say that olympic hockey is better then the NHL. However most ppl i know are very hockey educated and they would also say it is a very different game. As for the media attention, I don't know about alterior motives but i do know that for the past 3 or 4 years almost every, if not every world hockey championship game has been played in canada. as for drapers comments, detroit was the best team in the league during the regular season and lost out to the edmonton oilers in the first round, I think that most IIHF teams would have beat them then. I just wanted everyone to know that as canadians, hockey is our thing, we always send a team that we know CAN win, though they don't always do so. and again we sent kids this year so they could get experience. maybe we don't respect this enough as we use the tournement to give experience for our young players that will lead us in the next olympics. We love hockey over here...no matter what kind, and we always try to win whether for gold or 7th. we just don't like to lose, we think it is our game and take pride in that. (but we do know that the world has caught up to us as well and we will always have competition.)